When it comes to national health care, urgent care clinics are extremely important. Though certain life-threatening injuries and diseases require emergency health services, there are still plenty of issues that urgent care centers can take care of. These health establishments are convenient, flexible, knowledgeable, and versatile — let’s take a look at some of the main benefits of urgent care clinics:
- Versatile medical knowledge — Urgent care centers are great because they can address all kinds of medication situations. From minor features and strep throat to dizziness problems and burns, professionals at these facilities can address all kinds of medical concerns.
- Experienced doctors — Urgent care centers employ roughly 20,000 doctors. Many of these health professionals worked in their own practice or emergency rooms before moving to urgent care, meaning they have plenty of necessary experience.
- Flexible hours — Injuries and illnesses do not discriminate. Just because an injury occurs on a Saturday afternoon doesn’t mean you don’t deserve immediate medical attention. Although not every medical facility across the country are open every day, the majority of urgent care facilities actually are. In fact, approximately 85% of urgent care clinics are open seven days a week.
- Affordable care — A visit to the emergency room can be extremely expensive, especially if it’s something that could’ve been handled at an urgent care center. From physical therapy to general checkups, urgent care centers can offer quality health care for a much lower price than emergency facilities.
- Shorter waits — Often times, emergency rooms come with long waiting times due to long lines and a wide variety of procedures going on. In urgent care facilities, however, the wait time is significantly shorter. According to the Urgent Care Association of America, more than 80% of urgent care patients only have to wait for 15 minutes or less before they receive medical attention.
Don’t just head to the ER and spend all that money on something that can be handled at an urgent care center. If you want to learn more about the benefits of urgent care facilities or get professional medical attention in Hawaii, give Island Urgent Care a visit right away.