For some reason, once people age into their 20s and 30s, they stop scheduling physicals and almost never go to the doctor. Even if you’re a relatively healthy person, you need to consistently visit medical professionals and undergo physicals in order to ensure you are living a healthy life.
Worldwide obesity has nearly doubled since 1980, and a whole slew of health problems have come along, as well. Regular health exams and tests are important for finding health concerns before they even begin. They also can help find problems early on, when your chances for treatment and cure are much better. By getting an annual physical, you are taking steps that help your chances for living a longer, healthier, and happier life.
Here are some of the most important reasons why you should get an annual physical:
- Strengthen the relationship between you and your doctor — If you get along with their doctors, you are much more likely to see them. Also, you’ll be much more honest with them and actually listen to their advice, which will subsequently help you improve your health down the road.
- Save money — If you ignore your health for years, you might end up having some major problems down the line. These health concerns can be quite costly, too. If your doctor can detect these problems before they get too serious, you’ll save a significant amount of money on future medical expenses.
- Update your medications — Vaccinations aren’t just for elementary school kids. Staying up-to-date on your medications is an important step in preventing diseases and health issues.
- Monitor your blood pressure — Blood pressure screenings measure the force of your blood against your arteries. A reading that is lower than 130/80 is considered normal. Your doctor can determine whether or not you have any blood pressure-related issues and provide necessary next steps for treatment.
- Screening for cancer — Keeping up with routine cancer screenings can increase your chances of detecting cancer in its earliest stages and when it’s most treatable. Your doctor can perform various cancer screenings, including skin cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, gynecological cancer, prostate cancer, and lung cancer.
Whether you have missed a few physicals over the years or are in need of immediate medical attention at urgent care centers, visit Island Urgent Care today to get the medical care you need.