Simple & Easy Kale Salad
With this simple of a salad there is no excuse not to get your daily amount of greens.
This salad has a ton of benefits not only for your waistline but for your insides.
Kale is a super food and packed with nutrition that puts Kale on the list of the world’s healthiest food. Fiber, potassium, vitamin C and B6 found in kale supports heart health. kale also has a high amount of Vitamin K, eating a diet high in Vitamin K can protect against certain kinds of cancers. The list for Kale goes on and on, but besides being great for your body it creates a unique taste in salad.
1 bunch of kale (any variety)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (preferably unfiltered)
1-2 tablespoons of honey (to taste)
pinch of salt (optional)
choice of toppings such as dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, sprouts, olives, etc
1. Make sure to wash kale well under running water, then chop
2. Mix dressing ingredients (olive oil, vinegar, honey, & salt) together in a bowl
3. Pour over chopped kale and use your hands to massage dressing into kale. You want the dressing to cover the kale as this helps soften the kale.
4. Marinate over a few hours (do not eat right away)
5. Add toppings to taste. I like cranberries with sunflower seeds, or olives and feta… anything goes
What I really like about this salad is that it holds up well when packing it for lunch or a picnic. You can make it in the morning for lunch and there is no wilted lettuce, the dressing is already in place, and all you need to do is add the toppings. Some toppings even hold up well and can be added when you make the salad too.
Docs at Island Urgent Care