One Drink, One Side, One Dessert Holiday Edition
The holidays are a wonderful time of year! It also means that you are invited to a work holiday party, your partners work holiday party, a Christmas with friends, a neighborhood holiday party, the list goes on and on.
You don’t want to show up empty handed so we have created three options to try at your next holiday celebration!
Festive Black Raspberry Martini (Please Drink Responsibly)
Drinks are the silent killer when it comes to your waste line. All the fun festive drinks can have more sugar than a candy bar. That’s like eating 2 or 3 candy bars in one sitting! If you are over 21 try this festive drink instead.
**Also if you are not drinking alcohol this drink is awesome on its own! Skip the Vodka and add a little more sparking water or even some sparking cider!
- 3 oz Blackberry Sparkling ICE
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Chambord
- 1/2 oz pineapple juice
Instructions: Mix vodka, Chambord, and pineapple juice in a shaker with ice, and strain into a martini glass. Top off with Black Raspberry Sparkling ICE and pop in some black berries and raspberries for a special touch!
Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries & Feta
This is the perfect amount of savory and sweet. These flavors are perfect for the holidays but so delicious you will save them all year round.
- 1 large butternut squash (peeled, and chopped).
- Hearty drizzle of olive oil (1-2 TBSP)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1-2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2-3 TBSP honey
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- ground cinnamon to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Lightly drizzle baking sheet with olive oil
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out oven rack and add fresh cranberries to the roasting pan
- Return to oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon along with feta and honey.
Holiday Chocolate Bark with Cranberries & Pistachios
Chocolate bark is the easiest festive dessert to make ever! All you need is four ingredients and you can add festive sprinkles and share at a party, at work, with neighbors, or with your family. I you want more health benefits swap white chocolate for dark chocolate and the dark chocolate chips with dark chocolate.
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Combine the melted white chocolate and half of dried cranberries and pistachios. Spread mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- scatter remaining cranberries, pistachios and dried cranberries onto the surface and gently press into chocolate to make sure they stick.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has fully set.
- Break chocolate into pieces roughly into desired sizes.